Monday, April 13, 2009

Floored

I don't remember dreaming last night....mostly because I didn't sleep.
But today, when Nurse Cutie Pie came in with her trusty cart, I got a healthy dose of thorazine for beating up an orderly.

Eddie was out doing nerd stuff (probably looking up lonely librarians in search of a "pen pal"), so I asked Cutie Pie to stay with me until I fell asleep.

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them again, I was in a field.
It was dark and grey all around me.
I could smell things burning, but there was no fire.
The sky was a dingy mix of charcoal and slate colors, swirled with red in the clouds.
I began to walk toward a clear area, and tripped over a rock.
I looked at the ground around me and noticed I was standing in a fire pit.
The ground beneath my feet was warm and smoking.
I heard a noise behind me, and when I turned to face it, a giant birdlike creature swooped out of nowhere and flew right at me, knocking me to the ground.
I laid on my back for a few moments before realizing what had just happened to me.
As I hoisted myself up off the ashy ground, the creature came at me again.
I grabbed onto it and wrestled it to the ground.
The bird-thing turned into a giant bat, and began biting at me.
I took one of the stones from the pit and beat the thing over the head until it stopped fighting back.
That's when it turned into Batman.
I slid my hand underneath the front of his mask and pulled it up and back, revealing a face.
I stood in shock as I looked down and realized it was my own face I was looking at, all beaten and dead.
Just then, the Bat-me burst into flames and crackled like dry wood.

I need to try sleeping without drugs once in a while.

-Mr. J

No comments:

Post a Comment