Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Frightened Lady

I had a pretty boring dream last night.

I lurked around a neighborhood and found a random woman to harass.
I waited until dark before I snuck into her house.
I crept into the basement and watched her as she did the laundry, but she spotted me.
I must have startled her an aweful lot, as she dropped her laundry and ran.
This woman had saucers for eyes.
She ran and grabbed a shoebox off a shelf and opened it up, shaking.
In that box was an old gun. I couldn't tell the make or model, which was disappointing.
She pointed the gun at me, and I moved closer to her.
Her fear grew as she realized I had no regard for my own life.
I told her to pull the trigger, and she froze.
It frightened her to know that it would do her no good to try and shoot me, so she dropped the gun and ran up the basement stairs.
I sighed in disappointment, and chased after her.
I got about half way up the stairs before Batman swooped in.
How did he know? This wasn't his house.
Did this woman have a portable bat signal or something?
Was he just in the neighborhood?
As he gripped my shirt and lifted me, I thought "this'll be fun".
He tossed me down the stairs and I landed with a thud.
I lay flat on my back for a few seconds before seeing the gun the woman had dropped.
I grabbed the gun and scrambled to the opposite side of the room.
I checked to see if the gun was loaded. Fortunately, it was.
I turned just in time to face Batman, and I pulled the trigger in his face.
Imagine my surprise when no bullet was fired.
Instead, there was a red flag with the word "BANG!" scrawled on it.
The Batman yanked me up, and all I saw was black.

I wish I hadn't dreamt that.

-Mr. J

No comments:

Post a Comment