Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sweet Dreams...

I took a little nap earlier, and the dream I had was delightful.
Now, for some reason, a lot of people here at Arkham have been bringing up Harley when they talk to me.
I think she's up to something.
Well, naturally, you can only hear about a person so much before you begin to think of them on your own.
That's where my dream comes into play.

Harley and I were scamping around town like we used to in the old days.
Batman was hot on our tails, and wasn't slowing up any time soon.
We were off in a stolen cruiser, and Batjerk was speeding up on his souped-up butt-bike.
We hit corners like a drunk guy hits his wife.
We crossed a bridge connecting The Narrows to downtown Gotham, and stalled out on 52nd Street.
As we rushed out of the car, Batman did what he does best, and swooped in, ruining the moment.
He grabbed Harley and took her to the roof of City Hall.
I was just gonna leave her there since I really am not much of a caring person, but just knowing that she needed me made me smile.
That meant I still had power over her.
So I got myself up to the roof of City Hall and faced-off with the Batman.
He tossed Harley toward the edge of the building, and came at me like a rabid dog.
As he slammed into me, I tumbled backwards, crashing into the rooftop.
As Batman jumped on top of me, I raised one foot up and grabbed his shoulders.
I kicked him low, making him flip over me and land on his back.
I jumped up and flicked out my trusty Cupid and straddled Batman.
I took the knife to his mask, but quickly decided it'd be more fun to kill him without even knowing who he was.
I zipped the blade into his neck as fast as I could, and watched as he panicked.
He grabbed his throat and began choking on his own blood.
He struggled with me a short while before giving in.
The last thing he saw was me laughing at him.
I grabbed Harley, who was hysterical, and pulled her close.
She cried into my chest and latched onto me as tightly as she could.
I told her to calm down....that everything was alright.
I told her to just be quiet, and I let her know that the big bad bat wasn't ever going to hurt her again.
I turned her around so she faced away from me.
I still held her close in my left arm, and with my right hand I reached behind me and grabbed the gun in the back of my waistband.
I kept telling Harley to shush, and said it was all over.
Then, I took the gun to her head and, without warning, blew her brains out all over City Hall.

I hope I can get back to sleep after that.
It was just sooooo good.

-Mr. J

No comments:

Post a Comment